Sunday 12 August 2018

Summer Ramblings

I'm not quite sure why I have started this blog. I'm intending on nobody ever reading it, apart from myself. An electronic diary, to get me through the toughest time in my life so far.
It has nearly been exactly 365 days since my diagnosis with Multiple Sclerosis. A year since I sat in the neurologist's office and I heard the words: We've looked at your scans, you have lesions on your brain and spine. I take it you've googled your results?
I replied with no I hadn't googled it, I wouldn't really know where to start as there were too many long words on the letter I received.
The neurologist smiled and then said: So the information we have all points towards you having something we call Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis.
The rest is blank, apart from feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks and hearing people say that everything would be ok.

Fast foward a year and I find myself spending the school summer holiday living with my parents. My wife is now soon to be my ex-wife and the beautiful house I fell in love with last summer is now going to be written into the history book of my life. I am spending most of my time with somebody I never thought I would see again and I'm working through some of the worst panic attacks I have ever suffered.

Life is definitely not following the path I had planned for myself. I can't predict where I will be in another 365 days. I'm not even sure where I will be in a week. I'm trying to be excited by this idea, but I'm not sure I'm coping very well! Let's just take it one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment